How to cope in a climate you are not accustomed to can be very challenging. Better yet, what do you do when you are not equipped or dressed improperly to handle climate change when traveling. There are many factors that are involved and not being prepared can be very stressful and costly.
When planning a trip, where the weather changes drastically, you must think ahead by taking a few steps to avoid being caught unprepared. The number one thing you must do is check with the weather authorities for the area you are going and get a forecast on what the weather will be like. Also, if you have family, friends, business acquaintances or the hotel where you will be staying, ask them about the weather and what type of clothing they are wearing. It wouldn’t hurt if you ask all of them to be on the safe side.
When in a climate you are not accustomed to, this can be traumatic physically and mentally. Sometimes, doing just the little things will help you survive through our site FPN Costa.
How to cope going from a warmer climate to a cold climate:
- 1. Pack extra warm clothing and shoes
- 2. Carry a coat to put on when you reach your destination and maybe a hat, gloves, boots, and a scarf
- 3. Drink warm fluids or soups to help your body adjust once you arrive
- 4. Stay in a warm environment until your body adjusts to the cold climate
How to cope with going from a cold climate to a warm climate:
- 1. Take one set of warm clothing and that is what you are wearing
- 2. Try to dress in layers, so that you may take off clothing as you need to
- 3. Drink cool liquids, if needed after arriving
- When leaving to return to your destination, simply do everything in reverse.
The best thing to remember is that you can always take off extra clothing, but you can’t take it off if you didn’t wear it or bring it. Try to be a little over-prepared in order to cope with climate change. Whether the area is hot or cold it can make you ill if you have not prepared yourself. If you are not prepared, buying extra clothing can become expensive. Of course in an emergency, it may be a little difficult to concentrate on what you will wear, but if you know about the trip well in advance these are easy steps to take to help you cope with climate changes when traveling.